The 90 degree weather is barely behind us but already it’s time to light up Dunwoody North for the holiday season. The Beautification Committee is again sponsoring the Holiday Decoration Contest beginning December 3rd. If you want to participate in the contest, it would be helpful if you register by emailing Beautification - you can do that via the 'Contact Us' form on this page (big screens at the right, mobile screens at the bottom). Registration is NOT a requirement but saves the committee considerable time.
Following are the 2018 guidelines:
- Have your exterior holiday decorating completed by midnight on December 3rd
- Registering your interest in the contest will make the notification and photographing jobs more efficient for the Beautification Committee. To register your interest in advance, email Pat Cloud, Beautification@DunwoodyNorth.org. Pre-registration is not required. All homes will be considered regardless of pre-registration.
- The committee will nominate 5 houses from the Dunwoody North area on each side of Tilly Mill (10 total nominees). Residents are not eligible for the award in consecutive seasons.
The winners from 2017!
- Photos of the houses will be posted on the DNCA website by midnight December 13th.
- Residents are invited to tour the neighborhood to select one house from each side of Tilly Mill as their vote for Best Holiday Decorations.
- Residents will visit www.dunwoodynorth.org to vote for their 2 favorites. One vote per unique email will be tallied to determine the winners, one on the west side of Tilly Mill and one on the east side of Tilly Mill. Voting deadline is midnight December 20th
Winners will receive a prize and be posted here on the DNCA website.
Residents, you will need to log into your DNCA account in order to view the full nominations and voting ballot. If you do not yet have an account, sign-up is easy. Just go to our registration page. For more membership information, go here.
Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to contact Beautification via the "Contact Us" form on this page and come back here to stay informed of any minor changes to the schedule, etc.
Happy Decorating !!!